GLITTER SALE AT GOODWILL THIS SATURDAY!
This is the only holiday that Sequins in Seattle officially recognizes.
I went last year and it was a raucous good time! Good to hear that this year they’ve removed the need to stand in line. Instead: GOODWILL HAS TURNED HELLA WEB 2.0!!!!
THEY’RE USING A #GLITTERSALE HASHTAG ON TWITTER TO NOTIFY YOU WHEN YOU CAN ENTER THE SALE!!!
That’s really good news because look at some of the glitz that will be there this year!
Here are some tips from the Goodwill blog:
The Glitter Sale is coming up! Be ready when our doors open Saturday morning at 9:00 a.m. with these useful tips.
- This year we are doing things a little differently to make waiting outside the Glitter Sale more enjoyable! This year everyone in line will be getting a lanyard with a number on it. Your number is your admission to the Glitter Sale – when your number is called, you may enter the sale any time thereafter.
- Once you have your lanyard you no longer have to wait in line. You may shop the regular Goodwill store, grab coffee, visit the food trucks outside, or just move about until your number is called.
- Once inside the Glitter Sale, your number is also your admittance to the jewelry counter. Please listen for your number to be called before approaching the counter. (We do this so that each person can be helped by a personal shopper behind the jewelry counter.)
- Numbers will be announced over the store PA system, via text alerts, on Twitter through the#GlitterSale hashtag, and on a board by the Glitter Sale door. Sign up for text alerts by texting “goodwill123” to 91011.
- If you shop in the main Goodwill store before entering the Glitter Sale, we recommend purchasing these items and putting them in your car before shopping the Glitter Sale. However, if necessary you can pay for these items inside the Glitter Sale.
- Racks will be restocked throughout the weekend, so don’t worry if you’re not the first through the door!
- Outfits from the blog and the Glitter Gala fashion show will be on specially marked racks.
- Pick up a blue mesh shopping bag when you arrive; shopping carts are not allowed.
- Glitter Sale items are returnable within 7 days of purchase with original tag and receipt.
- Wear a leotard or swimsuit to try on clothes; there are no dressing rooms.
- Bring a friend who will give you honest feedback – shoppers will vastly outnumber the mirrors!
Of course I will be there covering the event and elbowing the hell out of everyone.
GIVE ME GAUDY OR GIVE ME DEATH.
What about you? Have you been to the Glitter Sale? You have any tips or tricks?